Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Start of The Levitating Housewife

A friend posted a link to yowayowa camera 's site on the facebook about a year ago. I clicked it, saw it and was mesmerized by Hayashi Natsumi san's works. Her works stayed in my mind. But I had no idea how to "levitate", so this project was thrown to the back of my head for some time. Until one day, I didn't know what I saw or what had gotten into me, I decided to google "levitation photography".

Natsumi san's page appeared on top of the page. I remembered then, that I had saw her works before. I quickly went through her photos, awestruck. Then I made up my mind that I am going to try levitation photography.

I went through several sites and pages, even youtube, where kind people posted their tutes on how to do a levitation photography. There are basically two kinds, as I have gathered. One uses the jumping technique where you just jump and capture that moment. This is tricky and tiring if you are doing it alone, like myself. You have to time it well in order to capture what you want. The other technique is to take two shots, one with you in it and another with just the background. You then combine these two photos using photoshop or other post processing software.

The above was done using the second method. I sat on a stool, posed, took the photo and PP away the stool. Hmm.. my PP skills still sucks though. My daughter was really puzzled. I think she completed this photo :)


This one was done using the jumping method. Well, I just try until I got it.

These photos were taken on 30 September 2012, with my camera on the tripod and using timer. And flash of course.

It was really fun doing all these shots. But still a long way compared to others. I just gotta keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment